OPFM is a Chicago Fair Trade Congregation
Here is the text of the Fair Trade Congregation Pledge.
Interfaith Fair Trade Pledge
Our Faith Community pledges to:
** Brew & Serve 100% Fair Trade: We will brew Fair Trade certified coffee, tea & cocoa at all functions and events, as well as in the office.
** Educate Our Members About Our Fair Trade Commitment: We will educate our members about our commitment to certified Fair Trade. We will:
- Post the Certified Fair Trade Label at all coffee pots;
- Place postcards at each coffeemaker with Fair Trade coffee facts and Fair Trade purchase locations in
- Include a Fair Trade info card in our membership orientation materials;
- Hold periodic adult education classes or workshops about Fair Trade.
** Seek Membership Commitments to Fair Trade:
- We will ask our members to make a personal pledge to buy certified Fair Trade coffee for consumption
at home using a “My Pledge to Fair Trade” commitment card.
- We will invite our members to seek Fair Trade products in their workplace.
** Educate the Community about our Fair Trade Commitment: We will educate the broader community about Fair Trade by sending a press release to our denominational or community newspaper announcing our Fair Trade commitment.
** Promote Fair Trade Products in our Community: We will ask our members to visit local stores, cafes, and restaurants requesting personal visits with managers and customer service cards to ask that they carry a full range of Fair Trade certified coffee, cocoa and tea.
** Make All Trade Fair Trade: We commit to educate and advocate for global trade relationships that assure human dignity, environmental integrity, and sustainable communities.
Please click here for more information about Chicago Fair Trade Congregations.